Indoor Mask Mandate To Be Lifted and Gathering Limits To Be Removed
Indoor mask mandate to be lifted and gathering limits to be removed:
- effective May 28th, the statewide indoor mask mandate will be lifted.
- businesses and entities overseeing indoor spaces may continue to require face masks for employees, customers, and/or guests.
Masks will continue to be required in:
- public-facing state offices, such as Motor Vehicle Commission agencies.
- worksites that are closed to the public, including warehousing and manufacturing facilities.
If you are NOT fully vaccinated, we are strongly encouraging you to follow CDC guidance and wear a face mask in any indoor public setting.
Effective May 28th, we will lift the requirement for maintaining six feet of social distancing in indoor and outdoor settings.
- every business can continue to require social distancing should they choose.
- Per CDC guidance, social distancing will continue to be required in the aforementioned settings where masking is required, including in transportation hubs, health care facilities, and schools.
Effective June 4th, we will remove all indoor gathering limits and lift the 30% limit on large indoor venues with a fixed seating capacity of 1,000 or greater.